Re: Extracting data from deprecated MONEY fields

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Extracting data from deprecated MONEY fields
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ken Winter wrote:
> I understand from
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/datatype-money.html that the
> “money” data type is deprecated.

Money is no longer deprecated in newer releases (specifically 8.3),
although I do think it would be wise to push it to numeric.

I think the way to do it would be to backup the table and edit the table
definition from the file. Make the money a numeric. Then reload the
table from the backup.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake