Extracting data from deprecated MONEY fields

От Ken Winter
Тема Extracting data from deprecated MONEY fields
Дата
Список pgsql-general

I understand from http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/datatype-money.html that the “money” data type is deprecated.

So I want to convert the data from my existing “money” columns into new un-deprecated columns, e.g. with type “decimal(10,2)”.  But every SQL command I try tells me I can’t cast or convert “money” data into any other type I have tried, including decimal, numeric, varchar, and text.

Is there any way to do this?

~ TIA

~ Ken