Re: insert/update tps slow with indices on table > 1M rows

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: insert/update tps slow with indices on table > 1M rows
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
andrew klassen wrote:
> I am using the c-library interface and for these particular transactions
> I preload PREPARE statements. Then as I get requests, I issue a BEGIN,
> followed by at most 300 EXECUTES and then a COMMIT. That is the
> general scenario. What value beyond 300 should I try?

Make sure you use the asynchronous PQsendQuery, instead of plain PQexec.
Otherwise you'll be doing a round-trip for each EXECUTE anyway
regardless of the batch size. Of course, if the bottleneck is somewhere
else, it won't make a difference..

--
   Heikki Linnakangas