Re: insert/update tps slow with indices on table > 1M rows

От James Mansion
Тема Re: insert/update tps slow with indices on table > 1M rows
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Matthew Wakeling wrote:
> If you're running a "work queue" architecture, that probably means you
> only have one thread doing all the updates/inserts? It might be worth
> going multi-threaded, and issuing inserts and updates through more
> than one connection. Postgres is designed pretty well to scale
> performance by the number of simultaneous connections.
That would explain a disappointing upper limit on insert rate, but not
any sort of cliff for the rate.  Nor, really, any material slowdown, if
the single thread implies that we're stuck on round trip latency as a
material limiting factor.

James

От: andrew klassen
Сообщение: Re: insert/update tps slow with indices on table > 1M rows
От: James Mansion
Сообщение: Re: insert/update tps slow with indices on table > 1M rows