statistics collector Log message

От Naomi Walker
Тема statistics collector Log message
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

When starting up a second instance of postgres on a server, received:

LOG:  could not bind socket for statistics collector: Cannot assign requested address

LOG:  trying another address for the statistics collector

Is this something to be concerned with, or expected behavior?  [Postgres 8.2.6 on Solaris 9]

Karen Stone

Technical Services

MphasiS Health Solutions

602.604.3100 x265

Naomi Walker                          Chief Information Officer
Eldorado Computing, Inc               nwalker@eldocomp.com
  ---An EDS Company                   602-604-3100
The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work.
   - Richard Bach

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS and/or its Customers and is intended for use only by
theindividual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
exemptfrom disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears that this e-mail has
beenforwarded to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information in
anymanner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at mailmaster@mphasis.com and delete this
mailfrom your records.