Re: 404s

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: 404s
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 18:42 +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
>
>> I think it would be more reasonable to look into what it would take to
>> remove the (obvious) false positives and have the mirror script report
>> new ones automatically during site build.
>> Though I think what simon was actually refering to are urls pointing to
>> external sites which we could maybe check on events/training whatever
>> submission and refuse to accept them.
>> The mirroring does not really care for external sites so we would only
>> be able to spot mistakes that lead to urls that end up on wwwmaster
>> (like it being interpreted as a relative link or such) not ones that are
>> broken otherwise (domain misspelled, simply wrong,...).
>
> Specifically, yes. But I am worried that we aren't monitoring such a
> basic quality issue. There might be lots of URLs in the Wiki that go bad
> over time and we want to check on this, don't we?

well - on www.postgresql.org itself it is a rare(though not impossible)
issue because most of the urls there are internal links and not that
often changed.
In the wiki case - everybody who spots an error there can fix it and I
guess that there are already addons for mediawiki available that can
help with that.

Stefan