Re: Lost pg_xlog pgclog

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Lost pg_xlog pgclog
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Philip Geer" <philg@gearcc.com> writes:
> I had move my pgxlog and pgclog files to a drive of their own and that driv=
> e crashed with no chance of data recovery. This is not a production server =
> so its not that big of a deal but I would like to recover the databases tha=
> t the server had on it but ever time I start postmaster I get the following=
>  error.=20

You could try running pg_resetxlog (see contrib if pre-7.3; in 7.3 it's
standard).  That should let you start the database, but keep in mind
that any transactions completed shortly before the crash might be
missing or partially applied.  Don't trust the data too much until
you've checked it.  And definitely do a dump and reload...