Re: How do I force users to change their password?

От Chander Ganesan
Тема Re: How do I force users to change their password?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Blakely, Jerel (Mission Systems) wrote:

The only setting I see is an account expire, but I do not want to lock the people out of the accounts.
I just want to force each user to set a new password on minimum intervals.

Does Postgres have a way to require users to change their passwords every 90 days for example, with out locking the account and forcing an admin to go in and update it?
I think the best you could do would be to tie authentication into some external system that requires a password change after a specified interval.  This can be accomplished with LDAP, Kerberos, or PAM.  However, I don't think that the native mechanism will allow you to do what you are trying to accomplish.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.