Re: Continuing issues... Can't vacuum!

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Continuing issues... Can't vacuum!
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>>> Carol Walter <walterc@indiana.edu> wrote:
> On May 23, 2008, at 2:39 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>
>> pg_ctl -D /path/to/data/dir -m fast stop
>>
> Does this do an orderly, safe stop?  Also do I then bring it back up

> with the usual command?

"Three different shutdown methods can be selected with the -m option:
"Smart" mode waits for all the clients to disconnect. This is the
default. "Fast" mode does not wait for clients to disconnect. All
active transactions are rolled back and clients are forcibly
disconnected, then the server is shut down. "Immediate" mode will
abort all server processes without a clean shutdown. This will lead to
a recovery run on restart."

From the docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/app-pg-ctl.html

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Continuing issues... Can't vacuum!
Сообщение: Re: Continuing issues... Can't vacuum!