Re: how to modify a view

От J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET
Тема Re: how to modify a view
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you Shane

All beings be happy,
·_- manou
Shane Ambler escribió:
J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET wrote:
Hello,

The DB I am using has views. I need to modify the view adding one
field to the QUERY that build the query.

When I edit the VIEW and add the field, I get the error that tells me
"It's not possible to change columns number in a view"

So, do I need to remove the complete VIEW and create a new one ? Or
there is other way to modify the view. ?¿

Thanks in advance, --

Yes - The only way to do it is DROP VIEW... then CREATE VIEW... - the
catch is any other views that depend on the view you wish to drop.

<manual quote>
You can only replace a view with a new query that generates the
identical set of columns (i.e., same column names and data types).
</manual quote>

--
Вложения