Re: how to modify a view

От Shane Ambler
Тема Re: how to modify a view
Дата
Re: how to modify a view
Список pgsql-general
J. Manuel Velasco - UBILIBET wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The DB I am using has views. I need to modify the view adding one
> field to the QUERY that build the query.
>
> When I edit the VIEW and add the field, I get the error that tells me
> "It's not possible to change columns number in a view"
>
> So, do I need to remove the complete VIEW and create a new one ? Or
> there is other way to modify the view. ?¿
>
> Thanks in advance, --

Yes - The only way to do it is DROP VIEW... then CREATE VIEW... - the
catch is any other views that depend on the view you wish to drop.

<manual quote>
You can only replace a view with a new query that generates the
identical set of columns (i.e., same column names and data types).
</manual quote>

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz

Сообщение: Re: psql: FATAL: Ident authentication failed foruser"postgres"
Сообщение: Re: psql: FATAL: Ident authentication failed foruser"postgres"