Re: pg_standby stuck on a wal file size <16MB

От Vlad Kosilov
Тема Re: pg_standby stuck on a wal file size <16MB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
is this wrong of me to expect that postgres would not make a wal file
available to archive_command unless it was completely ready to let go of
that wal file?
thanks,
V.
Ioannis Tambouras wrote:
>>   archive_command = 'test ! -f /usr/local/wal_archive_local/%f && cp %p
>>   /usr/local/wal_archive_local/%f'
>>

>  The archive command tests if the wal segment exists and is a file,
> but it does not check if the file is still being written. You need to
> copy the file after writing has finished (it reached 16777216 bytes).
> I don't have sources of pg_standby near me, but I remember in the
> C code checks for complete segment sizes.
>

> thanks
> Ioannis Tambouras

Vladimir (Vlad) Kosilov
Senior Systems Administrator
Contigo Systems Inc.
604.683.3106 (phone)
604.648.9886 (fax)
vkosilov@contigo.com
www.contigo.com

Сообщение: Re: pg_standby stuck on a wal file size <16MB
Сообщение: Re: pg_standby stuck on a wal file size <16MB