Re: Setting up phppgadmin under https/ssl (Apache)

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Setting up phppgadmin under https/ssl (Apache)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
samslists@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi...
>
> This is as much an apache question as anything else, but I think it's
> appropriate here.
>
> I've been using phppgadmin on my local machine.  Now I've installed it
> on a remote server running Ubuntu lts 8.04.
>
> I figured I'd try and put it under ssl/https under Apache (mod_ssl).
> I've created a test certificate, but I'm having trouble figuring out
> exactly how to get phppgadmin working under SSL.  Can someone step me
> through the process?

First, make sure your SSL virtual server is working correctly for
serving simple static pages.

On Ubuntu, Debian, and other Debian derivatives the apache config is
structured like:

apache2/
   mods_available/
     alias.load
   mods_enabled
     alias.load -> ../mods_available/alias.load
   sites_available/
     default
   sites_enabled/
     default -> ../sites_available/default

If you copy sites_available/default to sites_available/ssl and then edit
it to add the appropriate directives to enable SSL, specify your
cert/key paths, etc. See:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_ssl.html

If you already have access to phppgadmin in your default HTTP virtual
server, it should now work in your HTTPs virtual server as well. If not,
you'll have to add an appropriate Alias directive to map the phppgadmin
directory into the server's virtual tree. You may also need to enable
the PHP modules by symlinking them from modules-available to
modules-enabled.

Note that if you want your SSL and non-SSL servers to provide exactly
the same content you should use an include file to pull in most of the
body of the <NameVirtualHost> directive in each file.

You might want to direct further questions to somewhere like:
   http://www.linuxquestions.org/

--
Craig Ringer