non-owner superuser needs to be able to vacuum

От Gauthier, Dave
Тема non-owner superuser needs to be able to vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi:

A superuser cannot vacuum tables.  The error message is “WARNING:  skipping “thetable”  --- only table or database owner can vacuum it”

The superuser was defined like this...

create role cover_super SUPERUSER LOGIN;

grant all            on database cover to cover_super;

grant all privileges on map_src_info   to cover_super;

grant all privileges on insts          to cover_super;

grant all privileges on temp_pins      to cover_super;

The error message seems to indicate that defining a superuser which is not the table owner to vacuum is futile (“only table or database owner can...”).

Is there a way to vacuum with a non table owner ?

Thanks for any help!

Сообщение: Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load
Сообщение: Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load