Re: WAL rotation question version 8.3.0

От Evan Rempel
Тема Re: WAL rotation question version 8.3.0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Evan Rempel wrote:
>
>> Now to the question.
>>
>> Once the archive_command starts lying about its success, postgresql  deletes
>> a number of the xlog files that it has been told have been successfuly archived.
>> Why does it do this? Can I control it? Can I turn it off?
>
> Because they're no longer needed.
>
> If you want to keep those files, make the archive_command not lie.

Normally posgres will rename the old WAL files that have been archived and are no longer needed,
keeping the number of WAL files constant. In this case, it actually deletes them.
Why is the behaviour different?

--
Evan Rempel

Сообщение: Re: WAL rotation question version 8.3.0
Сообщение: Re: WAL rotation question version 8.3.0