Re: translating exception messages of postgresql functions

От Julius Tuskenis
Тема Re: translating exception messages of postgresql functions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Alvaro Herrera rašė:
> Julius Tuskenis wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'd like to ask how is translation of raised exceptions done in
>> postgresql applications?
>>

> You want it translated or not translated?

I want to translate the exception message. For example I raise an
exception in pg function like RAISE EXCEPTION 'my exception', then in my
application that calls the function I catch the exception. But before I
show it to the user of application I have to translate it. How do I know
what exception it is? As Tom Lane answered - the only way is to rely on
message text.

--
Julius Tuskenis
Programavimo skyriaus vadovas

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: translating exception messages of postgresql functions
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: translating exception messages of postgresql functions