Re: Postgres Cluster on Solaris

От Robert Lor
Тема Re: Postgres Cluster on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Travis,

Travis Smith wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I am interested in running Postgres on Solaris using SunCluster. I am
> hoping that someone this list has experience with this configuration.
> To be honest I am having a difficult time understanding the concept of
> Postgres clusters. I originally began looking at Linux HA, I would
> like to run on Suns’ T5220 and I at a loss to how well this setup runs.

There is an ongoing project to integrate Sun Cluster (aka Solaris
Cluster) with Postgres warm standby. I recently tested the agent with
Postgres running in two Solaris zones on a single node, and the
automatic failover worked quite well. I haven't tried the two-node
config yet, but it should work. To get more info, check out this project
page
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/ha-postgresql/Active-Subprojects/log-shipping/

-Robert

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: how to get a number of seconds in some interval ?
От: kevin kempter
Сообщение: Deadlocks ?