Re: Restore Database From data folder

От Chander Ganesan
Тема Re: Restore Database From data folder
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
yogesh@banasdairy.coop wrote:
> i have a backup of data folder of my old  postgresql database on 7.54
>
> now i want to restore my complete database from data folder in ver 8.1

I assume you mean you wish to upgrade your 7.4 installation of
PostgreSQL to PostgreSQL 8.1 ?

The short answer:

You'll need to start the 7.4 version of the server, with your old data
directory and run the version of 'pg_dumpall' that comes with PostgreSQL
8.1 .  Once you've generated a dump and saved it, you can install 8.1
and then use the 'psql' utility to re-load the dump on 8.1 .  The 7.4
data directory isn't compatible with 8.1, so you'll need to perform the
dump and subsequent restore.

You'll probably also want to go through the 7.4 pg_hba.conf and
postgresql.conf files and port over any changes you need that are 8.1
compatible.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.

От: Chander Ganesan
Сообщение: Re: server crash, need to restore DB functionality
От: "Patrick Roberts"
Сообщение: Re: restore postgres system database 8.1.11