Re: server crash, need to restore DB functionality

От Chander Ganesan
Тема Re: server crash, need to restore DB functionality
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
e t wrote:
> All,
>
> thanks for your kind reply.
>
> We are indeed running rhel 2 es, as our application requires such.
>
> I was able to correct this, including permission error, by
>
> 1)getting a right after the crash dump of the DB
> 2)dropping the DB
> 3)re-installing the RPM's via force option
> 4)re-importing the DB
>
> I am not aware of how one re-indexes the table(s)
If you imported from a dump, the indexes will be updated as part of the
import.  However, you would probably be well served to run a ANALYZE to
update statistics information.  Otherwise the query planner might come
out with sub-optimal plans...

I'm assuming that in the statement above you meant that you removed the
cluster and restored the entire cluster.  If you just did the DB, it's
possible that other things might not be so well off....especially since
you don't know the root cause of the problem.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.

От: Lew
Сообщение: Re: Resolved - LAN connection to server only after restart server
От: Chander Ganesan
Сообщение: Re: Restore Database From data folder