Re: Benchmarks WAS: Sun Talks about MySQL

От Jignesh K. Shah
Тема Re: Benchmarks WAS: Sun Talks about MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:40:25 -0400
> Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>

>> We certainly can pass TPC-C. I'm curious what you mean by 1/4 though?
>> On similar hardware? Or the maximum we can scale to is 1/4 as large
>> as Oracle? Can you point me to the actual benchmark runs you're
>> referring to?
>>

> I would be curious as well considering there has been zero evidence
> provided to make such a statement. I am not saying it isn't true, it
> wouldn't be surprising to me if Oracle outperformed PostgreSQL in TPC-C
> but I would sure like to see in general how wel we do (or don't).
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Joshua D. Drake

I am sorry but I am far from catching my emails:

Best thing is to work with TPC-E benchmarks involving the community.
(TPC-C requirements is way too high on storage and everybody seems to be
getting on the TPC-E bandwagon slowly.)

Where can I get the latest DBT5 (TPC-E) kit ? Using the kit should allow
me to recreate setups which can then be made available for various
PostgreSQL Performance engineers to look at it.

Regards,
Jignesh