Re: Benchmarks WAS: Sun Talks about MySQL

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Benchmarks WAS: Sun Talks about MySQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:40:25 -0400
Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> We certainly can pass TPC-C. I'm curious what you mean by 1/4 though?
> On similar hardware? Or the maximum we can scale to is 1/4 as large
> as Oracle? Can you point me to the actual benchmark runs you're
> referring to?

I would be curious as well considering there has been zero evidence
provided to make such a statement. I am not saying it isn't true, it
wouldn't be surprising to me if Oracle outperformed PostgreSQL in TPC-C
but I would sure like to see in general how wel we do (or don't).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director |  PostgreSQL political pundit

Вложения