Re: Database update problem from crontab on ubuntu server

От David Jorjoliani
Тема Re: Database update problem from crontab on ubuntu server
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
It fixed! When I make shell script and send to some file like:

/usr/local/backupscripts/bk.sh > /var/log/rmsupdate.log

and inside bk.sh I have the same command as it was in cron:

su -l postgres -c "/bin/gunzip -c /backup/rms.gz |
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.2/bin/psql rms"

Only putting command in shell script didn't work. Only after I made it
to send output to real file, it start working (no error messages in
postgres error log).

So, I think may be from cron it runs very fast (without file io) and
postgres is unable to serve requests :-). Because, main difference
between my old fedora and new ubuntu is hardware, which is much better.
It was: 512M RAM, IDE drives, 1.8GHZ CPU; Now it is: 4G RAM, Quad 2 Duo
3.0GHZ CPU, SATA2 HDD.

Thanks,
David