Re: SQL Function Slowness, 8.3.0

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: SQL Function Slowness, 8.3.0
Дата
Re: SQL Function Slowness, 8.3.0
Список pgsql-performance
Simon Riggs wrote:

> Obfuscating the names would make the code harder to understand, true,
> but only if the code is written in English (or your language-of-choice).
> It wouldn't damage our ability to read other language code at all.

Speaking of this sort of support tool, what I personally often wish for
is unique error message identifiers that can be looked up (say, with a
web form) or a way to un/re-translate localized messages.

I'm on one other mailing list where a wide variety of languages is in
use; however, on that list there are lots of experienced users -
including most of the translators for the app - happy to help out in the
users preferred language or to translate. Here much of the help seems to
be from mostly English (only?) speakers, so a reverse message translator
back to the English used in the sources would be pretty cool.

I should have a play and see how hard it is to generate a reverse
translation tool from the .po files.

I do think that something that could substitute replacement generic
variable names consistently throughout a schema, set of queries, EXPLAIN
/ EXPLAIN ANALYZE output, etc would be handy, though it'd be better if
people just posted their original code.

--
Craig Ringer