Re: SQL Function Slowness, 8.3.0

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: SQL Function Slowness, 8.3.0
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Craig Ringer wrote:
> Simon Riggs wrote:
>
>> Obfuscating the names would make the code harder to understand, true,
>> but only if the code is written in English (or your language-of-choice).
>> It wouldn't damage our ability to read other language code at all.
>
> Speaking of this sort of support tool, what I personally often wish for
> is unique error message identifiers that can be looked up (say, with a
> web form) or a way to un/re-translate localized messages.

I did spent some time a couple of years ago writing an April 1st joke
that proposed replacing error messages with unique error codes.  I never
sent it, but while writing the rationale part I realized that it could
be actually useful to drive a "knowledge base" kind of app.  You could
get back

1. source code location where it is used
2. occasions on which it has been reported before
3. related bug fixes

> I should have a play and see how hard it is to generate a reverse
> translation tool from the .po files.

That would rock -- I have wished for such a thing (in fact I troll the
PO catalogs by hand at times.)

Сообщение: Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels
Сообщение: Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels