Perl DBI question

От Kovalcik, Mike A [ITS]
Тема Perl DBI question
Дата
Re: Perl DBI question  (Jeremy Buchmann <jeremy@wellsgaming.com>)
Re: Perl DBI question  (greg@turnstep.com)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I'm trying to setup some scripts that will allow me to use Perl DBI to
INSERT into my table.  However, I have not had any success at all.  I'm
using perl CGI as well so I've granted ALL permissions on my table to
the apache user and I still can't INSERT.  I can, however, UPDATE and
SELECT on the table, just not INSERT.

Here is a piece of my code:

#--Establish the DB connection
#--Assign the DB name
$dbName = 'checkbook';

#--Connect to the Pg DB using DBI
my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=$dbName");

$sth = $dbh->do("INSERT INTO transactions
(date,description,amount,confirmation,nameid,typeid) VALUES
('$datePaid','$description','$amount','$confirmation',$nameid,$typeid)")
;

Please HELP...........

Thanks,
Mike