Re: Tuning

От paul rivers
Тема Re: Tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Michael Monnerie wrote:
> On Montag, 7. April 2008 Scott Marlowe wrote:
>
>> You can monitor things like index and table bloat with the pg_stat_*
>> series of views.
>>

> Are there scripts to automate this look at stats?
> Or could one draw graphs from that values, to visualize how well the db
> is? E.g., if you could calculate a % value, you could make RRD stats to
> see it's change over time. Is there any project on this?
>
> mfg zmi

I don't see a direct way to monitor bloat from pg_stat*.   If I'm wrong,
please set me straight.

For example, monitoring index bloat would involve deciding how many
pages an index would ideally consume, based on either sampling the table
yourself or raiding stats, and making assumptions.  Then you'd compare
to actual (or approximated actual) and decide if you were within
whatever threshold you think is OK.

Paul