Re: PostgreSQL website translations

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: PostgreSQL website translations
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Alvaro Herrera a écrit :
> Adrian Maier escribió:
>
>> The problem is that this variable "the revision of the English page that
>> corresponds to the latest translation"  can be different for every page and
>> is stored in only one place:  the translator's memory .
>
> Unless the translator is smart and stores it in a comment in the file
> (you don't really expect the translator to _remember_ the revision ID
> that he last translated, right?)

It seems to me a hard way to do it. But I don't find a better one. He
doesn't have to remember that. He just needs to write it in the new file
when he starts the translation. We can provide a shell script that finds
the revision of the file to be translated.

> A really good way to go about this would be to use gettext, but I guess
> that's a bit removed from what's there currently :-)

pgAdmin's website is based only on gettext and it's way simpler.

--
Guillaume. http://www.postgresqlfr.org http://dalibo.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL website translations
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL website translations