Re: Script binaries renaming

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Script binaries renaming
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Zdeněk Kotala wrote:
> Question is also how many users really use these commands. For example
> vacuumdb is not too important now when we have autovacuum.

This is not true. Plenty of apps will quite reasonably choose to follow
large batch updates by a single vacuumdb rather than using autovacuum.

Incidentally, I am less opposed than some to some sensible renaming
here, eventually. Perhaps we could take the opportunity to fix the
naming of initdb, which confuses the heck out of many people.

cheers

andrew