Re: Script binaries renaming

От Zdeněk Kotala
Тема Re: Script binaries renaming
Дата
Re: Script binaries renaming  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier napsal(a):

> - --On Tuesday, March 25, 2008 22:51:53 -0400 Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>
> wrote:
>
>> Uh, I think it is hard to make a case that 'createuser' is an
>> appropriate name for a Postgres utility.  On the other hand, we haven't
>> had many complaints about it, which is kind of odd.
>
> If nobody has ever complained, what is the reason for the change?  How many ppl
> are going to complain because the commands they are used to "suddenly stop
> existing"?

Minimal me :-) and Solaris Architect committee have complain. Question is also
how many users really use these commands. For example vacuumdb is not too
important now when we have autovacuum. You can specify tablespace in createdb
command but you don't have createtablespace command and so on.

I will send survey to general list today and I hope we get some useful information.
    Zdenek