Re: Commit fest?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Commit fest?
Дата
Re: Commit fest?  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>> Oh, what I would really like is to be able to pull up
>> archives.postgresql.org emails based on message id so I can link to
>> the entire thread.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work there, nor does
>> Google or any of the other Postgres email archive sites.
>
> This is something I've been looking into my own organization.  The
> message ids are at the start of the archive web pages.  For example your
> e-mail here I'm replying to begins like this if you look at the page
> source:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-03/msg00554.php
> <!-- MHonArc v2.6.16 -->
>
> I was thinking of writing something that scraped the archives building a
> lookup table out of this information.  What would be nice is if the
> X-Message-Id and X-Reference were both put into the regular HTML for
> future archived messages so that it's more likely tools like Google
> could search based on them.  A brief glance at the MHonArc documentation
> suggests that could be run to re-covert any existing messages that are
> still available in order to add to those even.

We are sucking a lot of this data down to the db on
search.postgresql.org already. Does it make sense to do it there
perhaps? Is there need for anything more than a unique-messageid-hit? If
that's all we need, we could easily have an url like
http://search.postgresql.org/search?msgid=19873987123@foo.com redirect
to the proper page on archives?

//Magnus