PostgreSQL does not support updateable cursors

От Premsun Choltanwanich
Тема PostgreSQL does not support updateable cursors
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Dear All,

     Regarding to my conversation on mailing list as shown below, Is my problem related with any function on psqlODBC ? And, How can I fix it?

Thank you,

Premsun

>>> "Pavel Stehule" <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> 2/12/2008 14:04 >>>
Hello

PostgreSQL support updateable cursors but doesn't support updateable
views - so you cannot update views via ADO recordset. You can update
only tables.

Regards
Pavel Stehule

On 12/02/2008, Premsun Choltanwanich <Premsun@nsasia.co.th> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
>      I got error message 'ERROR: column "ctid" does not exist; Error while executing the query'  when I try to query SELECT on my VIEW as 'rsSystem.Open "SELECT * FROM v_memocatlist ORDER BY memocategory", connSystem, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic'.
>
>      I found some information on internet about the PostgreSQL does not support updateable cursors so I change my code to be read only cursors as  'rsSystem.Open "SELECT * FROM v_memocatlist ORDER BY memocategory", connSystem, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly' then it work fine. However, I need to use this query for make data ready to be updated on some record.
>
>      How can I fix this problem?
>
> More Information about my system.
> Database: PostgreSQL 8.3
> ODBC: psqlODBC 08.03.0100