Re: PostgreSQL does not support updateable cursors

От Richard Broersma
Тема Re: PostgreSQL does not support updateable cursors
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Premsun Choltanwanich <Premsun@nsasia.co.th> wrote:
Dear All,

     Regarding to my conversation on mailing list as shown below, Is my problem related with any function on psqlODBC ? And, How can I fix it?

No, the problem is not with the ODBC driver.  The problem is that views in postgresql are static non-update-able by default.  So if you try to update and record in a view using a cursor or any other sql statement, you will get an error.

This problem can be fixed if your view meets the following criteria:

1) your view is based on only one table

2) your create rules for your view that define how updates to the view are to be handled/cascaded to the base table.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/sql-createrule.html

3) since postgresql rules can only handle update statements that affect only one tuple at a time, your cursor must only be able to update one record at a time.

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.