Re: Failover of the Primary database and starting the standby database in Postgresql in PITR configuraiton?

libra dba wrote:
> continuing with the postgres replication using WARM STANDBY, what happens to
> the wal_files which keeps on generating on the primary?
>
> Do we have to manually remove them or they are removed automatically, once
> they have been recovered on the warm standby?
>
> Also a quick question, do we have to have a NFS for the wal_files, which
> will be mounted on both the servers, or we can have folders on each server
> and configure DRBD between them, so that whatever happens on one is copied
> automatically on to the other.
>
> Thanks!

This is what I use -- may not be the best approach, but it has worked
quite well for me so far:

archive_command = 'gzip %p; rsync -av %p.gz -e \"ssh -p portNum -i
/home/postgres/.ssh/id_dsa\"
postgres@rhostname:/usr/local/postgresql/archives/recovery/%f.gz && rm
-f %p.gz'