Re: Fix pgstatindex using for large indexes

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: Fix pgstatindex using for large indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Tom Lane napsal(a):
> Tatsuhito Kasahara <kasahara.tatsuhito@oss.ntt.co.jp> writes:
>> In pgstatindex.c and pgstattuple.sql, some variables are defined with
>> int type. So when we try to get informations about a large index by using
>> pgstatindex, we get strange value of size and density.
>> Because the values exceed int-max.
>> I think that max_avail and free_space should be uint64.
>
> Most places where we've dealt with this before, we use double, which is
> guaranteed to be available whereas uint64 is not ...

Is this requirement still valid? Is there any currently supported platform which
does not have uint64? IIRC we are going to change datetime to integer for 8.4.
By my opinion uint64 is suitable for head and probably for 8.2 and 8.3 as well.

64bit integer is already used on many places: e.g.

./commands/copy.c
./tcop/utility.c.
./optimizer/plan/planner.c

        Zdenek