Re: Error"Failed to run initdb: 128!"

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Error"Failed to run initdb: 128!"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Pattu, Susanta Kumar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install postgresql-8.2.4 on (Remote Server) with
> Windows Server 2003 (pack 1).
>
> I use the postgresql-8.2.msi installer with:
>
> - national language support, PL/java, Development files selected
> - install a service option checked with postgres user
> - initialize database cluster option checked with port 5432, accept connection on all addresses not just localhost
optionchecked, locale English UK, encoding Latin1 and super user postgres
> - PL/pgsql, PL/perl, PL/python selected
> - Adminpack selected as contrib module.
>

> I executed the installation as Administrator (user group Administrators).
>

> I got the error”* Failed to run initdb: 128! “With an error log that
> is empty”*
>
> Googling this error, I can see it is probably something to do with
> authorizations but I can't figure out what is wrong exactly.
>
> How did you fix the error?

First, please do not cross-post like this. Post a query on only one list.

Second, please do not post on inappropriate lists. In particular,
pgsql-hackers is not for this sort of question.

See also this advice:
http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20070201.140142.5983e6a2.en.html

cheers

andrew

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Error building 32 bit on 64 bit linux system
От: Doug Knight
Сообщение: Re: Error building 32 bit on 64 bit linux system