Error"Failed to run initdb: 128!"

От Pattu, Susanta Kumar
Тема Error"Failed to run initdb: 128!"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

I am trying to install postgresql-8.2.4 on (Remote Server) with Windows Server 2003 (pack 1).

I use the postgresql-8.2.msi installer with:

- national language support, PL/java, Development files selected
- install a service option checked with postgres user
- initialize database cluster option checked with port 5432, accept connection on all addresses not just localhost option checked, locale English UK, encoding Latin1 and super user postgres
- PL/pgsql, PL/perl, PL/python selected
- Adminpack selected as contrib module.

I executed the installation as Administrator (user group Administrators).

I got the error” Failed to run initdb: 128! “With an error log that is empty”

Googling this error, I can see it is probably something to do with authorizations but I can't figure out what is wrong exactly.

How did you fix the error?

Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards,

Susanta

 Susanta

Unisys Global Services - India | SJR iPARK | WARP Tower | Plot No 13, 14, & 15 | EPIP Zone - Phase I | Whitefield Road | Bangalore  - 560066 | India | Net2 – 757 3242 | Phone +91-80-4032 3242