Re: Function description

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Function description
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Bart Degryse wrote:
>> Dont' forget to cc: the list Bart :-)
>
> My mistake, sorry. Normally I only reply to the list and not to the respondent's personal address.
> Would that be wrong too?

Well, some people prefer to reply directly from their inbox, others
directly from the list. The convention on the PG lists is reply-to-all.
Making sure the list is copied gives others the chance to add to the
discussion.

>> To see how e.g. \dC etc work start psql with -E
>>
> I'm sorry, but I don't have commandline access to the database. That would
> require an amount of trust and a level of competence our ICT department is incapable of.

Well, if you have access to prt 5432 (or whatever you are using) on the
DB host you can run psql locally: psql -h <db-hostname>

As a last resort you can always see how they work on a local copy, then
cut + paste the SQL.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd