When to ANALYZE w/ auto-vacuum

От Dean Gibson (DB Administrator)
Тема When to ANALYZE w/ auto-vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Now, that I have 8.3.0 installed & running auto-vacuum, I have gotten
rid of all my scripted VACUUMs, and I would like to get rid of all the
scripted ANALYZEs as well.  The 8.3 docs say:

    "In the default PostgreSQL configuration, /The Auto-Vacuum Daemon/
    <https://web.ultimeth.com/doc/private/postgreSQL/routine-vacuuming.html#AUTOVACUUM>
    takes care of automatic analyzing of tables when they are first
    loaded with data, and as they change throughout regular operation."

However:

1. There is one nightly process I run where I create a fairly large TEMP
table (well over 1 million rows), and then I immediately use it in a
subsequent SELECT.  Would a scripted ANALYZE be really needed here, or
does the auto-vacuum track the large TEMP table as I create it (via a
single SELECT).

2. For that manner, do TEMP tables get higher priority in auto-vacuum
runs?  That would seem to be a good idea.

-- Dean