Re: Two started cluster on the same data directory and port

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Two started cluster on the same data directory and port
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/1/23 01:17, Loles wrote:
> Yes, it seems to be caused by systemd.

To be more accurate it is caused by the the file postgresql-generator
located here:

     /lib/systemd/system-generators/

That file is installed by the Postgres Debian/Ubuntu package, so it is
the Postgres install that is using systemd in this manner.

> I'll investigate there. If not, I can upgrade PostgreSQL and get rid of
> server 14.

If your directory structure resembles:

/etc/postgresql/14
├── main
│   ├── conf.d
│   ├── environment
│   ├── pg_ctl.conf
│   ├── pg_hba.conf
│   ├── pg_ident.conf
│   ├── postgresql.conf
│   └── start.conf
└── main_old
     ├── conf.d
     ├── environment
     ├── pg_ctl.conf
     ├── pg_hba.conf
     ├── pg_ident.conf
     ├── postgresql.conf
     └── start.conf

Then you just need to:

     1) Stop the server
     2) mv or rm the main_old/ directory
     3) Restart the server

> Thank you very much Adrian... I'm going to get a cup of coffee because
> the topic requires it :D
>

> El vie, 1 dic 2023 a las 6:19, Adrian Klaver (<adrian.klaver@aklaver.com
> <mailto:adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>>) escribió:
>
>     On 11/30/23 20:43, Matthias Apitz wrote:
>      > El día jueves, noviembre 30, 2023 a las 02:10:25p. m. -0800,
>     Adrian Klaver escribió:
>      >
>      >> On 11/30/23 12:35, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>      >>> On 11/30/23 10:35, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>      >>>> On 11/30/23 09:27, Loles wrote:
>      >>>>
>      >>
>      >>> cd /etc/postgresql/14/
>      >>> sudo rm -r main_old/
>      >>>     or
>      >>> sudo cp -r main_old <some_new_path>
>      >>
>      >> Arrgh.
>      >>
>      >>      sudo mv -r main_old <some_new_path>
>      >>
>      >> Memo to self don't eat lunch and copy/paste at same time.
>      >
>      > Hmmm
>      >
>      > purism@pureos:~$ uname -s
>      > Linux
>      > purism@pureos:~$ mv -r foo bar
>      > mv: invalid option -- 'r'
>
>     The gift that keeps on giving. Third time's a charm?:
>
>              sudo mv  main_old/ <some_new_path>
>
>      > Try 'mv --help' for more information.
>      >
>      >       matthias
>
>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Query related to pg_dump write to a pipe on a windows client and with compressed format
Сообщение: Re: Query related to pg_dump write to a pipe on a windows client and with compressed format