Re: Online Oracle to Postgresql data migration

От Mayuresh Nirhali
Тема Re: Online Oracle to Postgresql data migration
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Josh Harrison wrote:

> My question is abt the data migration. Im not sure how to try this
> with an online oracle database. We are required to run both postgres
> and oracle database simultaneously for a couple of months (atleast
> till we decide whether we are going to shut down oracle for good !!!).
> Since the oracle database is a production database, It will have
> updates/inserts during this time. How do you manage that?
>
> Thanks
> josh
Check out ora2pg. You can use this perl tool for data migration as well.

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/ora2pg/

Also, While you are converting your DDL and other queries, you could run
'explain analyze' on them to see how good they perform and make
appropriate changes for better performance.

Btw, glad to see that you are planning to move to PG. :)

Mayuresh

От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: insert into ... select ... and column order
От: Hannes Dorbath
Сообщение: Segmentation fault with 8.3 FTS ISpell