Re: binary logs: a location other than pg_xlog??

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: binary logs: a location other than pg_xlog??
Дата
Re: binary logs: a location other than pg_xlog??  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-admin
Lou Picciano <loupicciano@comcast.net> writes:
> Sure - of course - performance, too! It just seems like such an obvious candidate for a configurable option; I'm a
bitsurprised it isn't in there... L

It *is* configurable: make pg_xlog a symlink.  The reason we don't
handle this via postgresql.conf is that you could too easily shoot
yourself in the foot by breaking the link between a data directory
and its xlogs.  There are no postgresql.conf entries that say
destroy_all_my_data_immediately_please = on
but that's more or less what an easily changeable pg_xlog pointer
would be.

In short: this is not something to change if you don't know what
you're doing.  If you do, you should be able to handle it using
the mechanism provided.