Re: Experiences with extensibility

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Experiences with extensibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Guido Neitzer wrote:
> On 08.01.2008, at 23:40, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>> There are OS level things you can do here.
>
> They are normally not really easier and, more important, I don't have
> them on my deployment environment.
>
>> http://www.continuent.org/HomePage
>
> When I'm talking about two cheap machines you recommend a solution where
> I need four machines (Or can I use the uni/cluster machines also as db
> nodes?) and licenses for a couple of thousands bucks? Sorry, no option.

Did you even bother to read the page?

http://sequoia.continuent.org/HomePage

Open Source... Free...

Sequoia is a transparent middleware solution offering clustering, load
balancing and failover services for any database. Sequoia is the
continuation of the C-JDBC project.

It can be downloaded here:

https://forge.continuent.org/frs/?group_id=6

> And, I have my option ...

Great! I was just trying to show you that there was a JDBC layer
available for multi-mastering with PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake