Re: [GENERAL] Shared WAL archive between master and standby: WALs notalways identical

От Sasa Vilic
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Shared WAL archive between master and standby: WALs notalways identical
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2017-02-28 16:41, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> Seems to mean the simpler thing to do would be to set standby to
> archive_mode = on, in which case the standby would not contribute WAL's
> until it was promoted which would seem to be what you want.

Yes, that was my first thought. Except that documentation states following:

"""
If archive_mode is set to on, the archiver is not enabled during
recovery or standby mode. If the standby server is promoted, it will
start archiving after the promotion, *but will not archive any WAL it
did not generate itself*
"""

What happens with WAL that are started on primary but finished on secondary?

Regards,
Sasa