Re: timetz range check issue

От Andrew Chernow
Тема Re: timetz range check issue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
 >Tom Lane wrote:>>range-checks are present only where needed for the backend to defend itself

Survival is very important, but so is maintaining data integrity.  IMHO, data
validation should be as consistent as possible.  If the backend refuses data on
one hand but allows it on the other, confusion sets in.  I realize that binary
input can't always be 100% validated, but a best effort is good form.  It looks
like most recv funcs already have checks, where a check is somewhat meaningful.

andrew