Re: Pg max_connection

От Bambi Bellows
Тема Re: Pg max_connection
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

It is my understanding that connections consume 400b of memory apiece, and that the memory is only held while the process is active; so, if you drop 450 connections, your memory usage will drop about 200k.  In this day and age, that doesn't mean a lot, but you should see mild performance improvements.

From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Nik Tek
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:49 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Pg max_connection

Hi,

I have a question on max_connections.

I have a application which would require more connection at the startup time(something like 500 connections), after the initial startup is done, the connections drop to 50.

Question: If I set my max_connection to 500 at the db start-up time and later after 1 hour the application drops the db connections to 50. Would this have any impact on the resource usage and performance?

Is this normal?

Thank you

Nik

This email and any files included with it may contain privileged,
proprietary and/or confidential information that is for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s).  Any disclosure, copying, distribution,
posting, or use of the information contained in or attached to this
email is prohibited unless permitted by the sender.  If you have
received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender
via return email, telephone, or fax and destroy this original transmission
and its included files without reading or saving it in any manner.
Thank you.