Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Can we please refuse mail to the list from list addresses?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 03:33:33PM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> Not practical.  When I'm on the road (about 150 days a year) hotels and
>> cafe wireless often block port 25 and 143.  So I absolutely have to use a
>
> But they're mostly not blocking port 587, which is where mail is supposed to
> be submitted to.  And if they _are_ blocking it, then they need to be hit
> with a cluestick.

Your point? Most companies need to be hit with a cluestick, that doesn't
mean they don't do it. There is a very large free wifi provider near me
that actually blocks anything that doesn't have www. E.g; they don't
block ports, they blocks names!

>> direct SMTP.
>
> Nobody should be using "direct SMTP" as such in this day and age.  That's
> what the submission port is for.

That may be correct but it certainly isn't reality.

Joshua D. Drake

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Time to update list of contributors
Сообщение: Re: Time to update list of contributors