- Архив списков рассылки pgsql-novice

От Karim Mardhani
Тема
Дата
Re:  (Aly Dharshi <aly.dharshi@telus.net>)
Список pgsql-novice
Hi All:

  I am thinking about using PostgreSql as the back end of Windows
application.  I plan to install postgreSql in silent mode as part of my
application's setup program.  I have couple of questions about this:

  1.  How do I programmatically call backup (pg_dump) and vacuum?  I am
using .NET provider as the interface to the postgreSql.  I didn't see
any provision in the .Net provider to invoke these commands.  Does
postgresql support SQL's "BACKUP" and "RESTORE" commands?

  2.  As part of installation I would like to create and populate a new
database.  What is the easiest way to this?  What I am thinking of doing
is to install psql client program and using it to create database.  Is
there any way I don't have to install psql on every client's machine?

  Thanks in advance for your responses.

Regards,

Karim Mardhani
ZeeCore Consulting