Re: install-strip causes dyld errors on OS X

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: install-strip causes dyld errors on OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
>> It would also be good to make --enable-debug the default.
>
> The last time I did a build with both --enable-debug and
> --enable-cassert, I was seeing pgbench results that were significantly
> (around 40% I think) slower than without those two.  I never circled
> back to assigning blame to the individual options, but I'd suggest some
> caution here before turning one of these on by default.  I'd want to see
> benchmarking on a couple of platforms to prove that it doesn't slow
> things down before making such a change.

--enable-cassert is the culprit. You don't want to enable that if you're
doing performance testing. I haven't seen a slowdown from
--enable-debug, though I haven't specifically tested that.

Сообщение: Re: install-strip causes dyld errors on OS X
Сообщение: Re: install-strip causes dyld errors on OS X