Re: Inappropriate blog for the front page?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Inappropriate blog for the front page?
Дата
Re: Inappropriate blog for the front page?
Список pgsql-www
Dave Page wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>> Dave Page wrote:
>>> Not sure this is something we want on the homepage:
>>>
>>> Hubert Lubaczewski: what pisses me off about postgresql
>>> http://www.depesz.com/index.php/2007/10/28/what-pisses-me-off-about-postgresql/
>>>
>>> Though I don't imagine we want to censor Hubert as he writes some
>>> interesting and useful stuff.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>> I say leave it there. The article brings up very valid points. It is
>> among the "interesting and useful" stuff he writes. The title may be
>> less than ideal, but hey, it'll cause people to read it :-)
>>
>> Just write a blog post of your own and this one will get kicked off the
>> frontpage RSN :-P
>
> I'm not referring to the content - I wouldn't want to suggest stopping
> anyone making valid criticism. I'm referring to the language which is
> almost certainly offensive to many.

Hmm. I obviously live in a very different society than you do, because I
don't know of anybody who'd be offended by "pissed of". There are a lot
of much worse ways of saying that that would offend people, but I don't
see this as one.

But that could be just me :-) My vote is still to keep it, but I
certainly understand that others can see it differently.

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: