Re: Inappropriate blog for the front page?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Inappropriate blog for the front page?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 15:54:03 +0100
Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> > I'm not referring to the content - I wouldn't want to suggest
> > stopping anyone making valid criticism. I'm referring to the
> > language which is almost certainly offensive to many.
>
> Hmm. I obviously live in a very different society than you do,
> because I don't know of anybody who'd be offended by "pissed of".

There are two sides to this:

1. Those who will be offended

There is definitely those who will find this offensive. It is
considered a bit of a swear word, albeit not nearly as much as others.

2. Those who will feel it is unprofessional.

I fall into #2 but I can sure as hell understand why PostgreSQL pisses
some people off and something you just want to shout about it.

> There are a lot of much worse ways of saying that that would offend
> people, but I don't see this as one.
>
> But that could be just me :-) My vote is still to keep it, but I
> certainly understand that others can see it differently.

What this comes down to is this, how "correct" do we want to be?
Personally I feel the following words we can probably let slide:

Damn
Hell
Piss/es ;)

There are certainly much worse words we could be publishing.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> //Magnus

> broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 6: explain analyze is your
> friend

PostgreSQL solutions since 1997  http://www.commandprompt.com/        UNIQUE NOT NULL

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Inappropriate blog for the front page?
Сообщение: Re: Inappropriate blog for the front page?